CNN’s Don Lemon, Ryan Lizza and Laura Coates put their partisanship on display Thursday night when they responded to breaking news by manufacturing seven unique Democrat talking points in under 2 minutes.
The topic centered on the very real and important news about the FBI spying on the Trump campaign. The so-called breaking news angle being spun by CNN was that President Trump and his team are “waging a war” to unmask the spy/informant.
Enter Lemon, Lizza and Coates who may as well have been sitting in a pro-Democrat, anti-Trump strategy session as they fired off one defensive excuse after another in an effort to delegitimize President Trump’s very legitimate grievance.
The video is below, but here’s the paraphrasing…
- LIZZA: The informant met with people who were part of the Trump campaign after they already left the Trump campaign, so spying on the Trump campaign is obviously no big deal
- LIZZA: People in the FBI thought the FBI wasn’t hard enough on the Trump campaign, so spying on the Trump campaign is obviously no big deal
- LIZZA: Spying on the Trump campaign was just “good police work,” so spying on the Trump campaign was obviously no big deal
- LEMON: Here’s an analogy that proves spying on the Trump campaign was obviously no big deal
- LIZZA: Page and Papadopoulos were presumably low level, so spying on the Trump campaign was obviously no big deal
- LEMON: The FBI couldn’t have spied on the Trump campaign unless they had a good reason to, so spying on the Trump campaign was obviously no big deal
- COATES: Being an FBI informant commands a high bar, so spying on the Trump campaign was obviously no big deal
See for yourself. Lemon does a 30 second intro, and these allegedly impartial CNN employees then flood the next two minutes with every freshly-picked Democrat talking point they can write.
As noted previously, media bias in 2018 is less about the absence of fact and more about the prominence of partisan characterization. And for months now CNN has repeatedly shown us that they’re not even trying to hide their partisan characterizations anymore. But tonight we’re seeing their next level. Tonight we’re seeing them skip the characterizations and go straight to actually writing Democrat talking points. Will this be how they finally take down Trump? I doubt it. My guess is that Trump’s numbers will keep rising, and he’ll keep racking up wins, and CNN along with the rest of the swamp media will continue losing credibility and being exposed as partisan hacks. Time will tell.
Make sure to check out WhatFinger News for all the best right-minded media content from around the web.